31,264 Posts
Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Bosch and Fein colaborated in making that locking mechanism. It's on all the new Fein oscillating tool.

...and you can't use the old blades with the new Fein or Bosch tools...

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Looks like insulation to me

As for the locking system, I don't like to be forced into using just their wheels.
From what I can find they are competitively priced and as good quality as most other brands. On the other hand availability everywhere in case of an emergence, (like Sunday afternoon fixing a broken water pipe) might cause some problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Professional-2608619266-Straight-Thickness/dp/B07PXMQ6DN/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A2AG77JZ4R6SHKWN524W

Herb

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
That could be a problem. I spent a fruitless part of the day a couple of weeks ago looking for 6" hook-and-loop sanding discs. And, after ordering from Klingspoor, I found them the other day at HD when I was in looking for something that Lowes had discontinued. And they wonder why everybody is shopping on line.................

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
That could be a problem. I spent a fruitless part of the day a couple of weeks ago looking for 6" hook-and-loop sanding discs. And, after ordering from Klingspoor, I found them the other day at HD when I was in looking for something that Lowes had discontinued. And they wonder why everybody is shopping on line.................
I agree with that too.
It is more cost effective for me to shop on line and pay the shipping to my door than to hop around town trying to find what I need,and buying things that I come across along the way that I don't really need. For me those BB Stores are a pain,I can't readily find what I am looking for and help is not always available.

Herb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts