Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say fellas, I fought again this morning with sloppy or slipping depth settings on my PC 890 in the plunge base. I set the depth I need using my little brass 3/16 (for eample) bar. Start my router cut, plunge, and the ^%$%& cut will go way deeper than I've set it! I've zeroed router before setting depth etc. and screwed the lock knob as hard tight as I dare. Whats going on here? :'(

·
Registered
342 Posts
I haven't had this problem with my PC 890, but I read in another post that you might need to remove the O-ring between the depth rod locking knob and the base to fix the problem.

Greg

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Birch, is the depth stop rod moving during the cut?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently it is. SOMETHING is allowing the cut to go way deeper than I want it. I will try again as soon as my current wound heals! See msg I just filed. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd be looking to make sure the cutter is not climbing into the work. Make a mark on the cutter shank with a Sharpie and try another cut on the same material to make certain the cutter's tight enough. I've had this happen to me before on a Bridgeport, cutting aluminum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.