Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would post this little table I just made. It is purpose-made as it has to fit in a smallish spot near a TV I watch when my wife is watching the main TV. The primary wood is cherry and the secondary is a wood I got in a bulk purchase of odds and ends. I have not been able to identify it as yet. The joinery is M&T. The finish is amber shellac and wipe-on poly. Dimensions are 12 by 18 approx.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hi guys. I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would post this little table I just made. It is purpose-made as it has to fit in a smallish spot near a TV I watch when my wife is watching the main TV. The primary wood is cherry and the secondary is a wood I got in a bulk purchase of odds and ends. I have not been able to identify it as yet. The joinery is M&T. The finish is amber shellac and wipe-on poly. Dimensions are 12 by 18 approx.
sweet!!
I really like the feet...

Reactions: Roy Drake

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
A really nice table you have made there Dennis. Where did you get the idea to make the legs like that? They are different but I like them.

·
Registered
21,658 Posts
I really like this "ballerina" design. A ballerina on her toes is "en pointe." Theo's name for your table is apt. I'm a sucker for ballerinas. Once stayed at a BnB in London along with the corps de ballet for the American Ballet company. Those dancers were the most graceful and lovely and fit women I've ever met.

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I wanted to try something a bit different with contrasting wood so I played around with a few ideas before I came up with the "en pointe" idea. I had to do a full scale drawing to get the slope and positioning correct so the bottom of the legs did not extend beyond the top and create a tripping hazard.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again guys. Earl the pieces are a dark brown colour until cut and it is the interior that is the reddish colour. I thought purpleheart was pretty much the same colour outside and in but I have no hands on experience with it. Have you used it?

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Excellent design Dennis! That table would fit nicely anywhere you put it.

Purple heart fades in time. Typically fading to a reddish brown-brown. Not unlike cherry and similar woods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.