1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20°...
falling snow...

prime rib...
rare enough to be a threat to the salad...
and a side of caught this morning cutthroat...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Christmas Eve - traditional Italian fish-based meal. Baccala (cod for the mangia cakes) done in a red sauce with pasta. More baccala lightly fried. Octopus and squid in red sauce. Rapini, cabbage, homemade sausage (my siblings and I made it - I know, not fish, but still our parents' tradition, so we're keeping those traditions going).

A total of 25 people (we rent a small hall with full kitchen facilities). I have two sister's and one brother, so with kids and grandkids and boyfriends and girlfriends, still a room full.

My daughters are coming down again from Toronto on Sunday, so we'll do the turkey dinner with homemade Italian stuffing (mom's recipe), veggies, etc.

So for today, a light meal for the two of us and a lot of peace and quiet.

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Going to my friends for supper . There dirt poor (they bring it upon themselves) , so I buy the turkey each year and his wife cooks it . Works for everyone :)

I'm liking your prime rib idea though as it's pretty much my favorite meal ;)
I'll have mine rare/medium rare please

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Going to my friends for supper . There dirt poor (they bring it upon themselves) , so I buy the turkey each year and his wife cooks it . Works for everyone :)

I'm liking your prime rib idea though as it's pretty much my favorite meal ;)
I'll have mine rare/medium rare please
Very thoughtful of you Rick.

Yesterday I had to pop into the drug store to pick something up. The 20-something ahead of me was picking out a scratch and win lottery ticket, and taking his time about it. I'm wondering why he was taking his time and asking the clerk to help him pick one out. When he finally had one, and paid for his purchases, he gave the lottery ticket to the clerk and wished her a Merry Christmas. Just a small act but made me smile.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Good on ya Rick. Dinner with my son and his family at his inlaws place.

Anytime someone says menu I think about how Woody Woodpecker spelled in a cartoon from about 60 years ago. Menu...m-e-n y-o-u...menu.

·
Registered
901 Posts
My wife's two sisters plus one husband (94 year old mother in law lives with us) will be here for a late afternoon dinner. Our daughter is home from Grad School in Paris and our son is home from Grad School at Vanderbilt. A GREAT DAY. By popular vote, I'm cooking steaks on the grill. We do turkey at Thanksgiving, steak at Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
God Bless US Every One!

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Prime rib roast and lobster. Serving 12 people, and later, two dogs. The get the rib bones.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Prime rib roast and lobster. Serving 12 people, and later, two dogs. The get the rib bones.
Bill ....
change the dinner table location...
lobster is hard to come by here unless you have deep pockets...

but let's pass on the dog...

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
A Winter's Spiral Ham (which is my maiden name but no relation; funny story the first time mom ordered it; I'll regale you with the story some time lol), mashed and sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, Hawaiian rolls and goop. (Crushed pineapple, & mini marshmallows in whipped heavy whipping cream)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Which is your maiden name? Winters, Spiral or Ham? Just curious.
Well, I've always been a bit out of control, and been accused of being a ham, so guess... lol

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I was guessing that. Been out of control my whole life and intend to continue in that direction. My last name not Ham.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was guessing that. Been out of control my whole life and intend to continue in that direction. My last name not Ham.
It's guy...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
check...

·
Official Greeter
18,742 Posts
Beer, Wine, Prawns, Roast Beef, cold meats and salad.......Yum.

Went over to our daughters home for Christmas...

Oh, and Cheesecake for desert....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts