Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this doesn’t end up too long. I got my Piranha XL yesterday evening. Not set up yet but I installed the software and have been setting up a few projects. My question is about the post thing when saving a tool pass. I designed a clock for my wife and put a 3D object in the center. When I save the normal cuts I used Piranha arch inch something but when I saved the 3D tool passed I used the Piranha 3D inch something. Does that sound right.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hmmm, not 100% sure what you are asking. I assume you are using VCarve since that ships with it. Did you do 2 different jobs or 1? What does VCarve show you? You should probably get a visualizer to look at your GCode programs just to be sure but generally VCarve does a decent job of showing what you will get. Maybe you could take a screen shot of what you are talking about (on windows the prt-scn key will put an image of the screen in the clipboard and you can paste that into ms paint, save as a file) and post it with your questions.

·
Registered
Mike
3,841 Posts
Rusty you are correct in what you are using with your post processors.

When saving any 2D, 2 1/2D toolpath you will need to use the "CNCPiranha_Arcs_inch.pp" post processor and when you save a 3D toolpath you will use the "CNCPiranha_3dContour_inch.pp" post processor.

When you start using your laser you need to use the "CNCPiranha-Laser_inch.pp".

If the rotary uses the same post processors as the larger 4th axis you will need to use one of these post processors, "CNCShark-RY2AX-in.pp" or "CNCShark-RY2AY-in.pp", depending on how the united is mounted.

Reactions: Rusty Nesmith

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mike I appreciate it. I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube but nobody has covered that part.

·
Registered
Mike
3,841 Posts
Reactions: Rusty Nesmith

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the links. I have the newest version of vcarve desktop but will keep an eye out for updates. I have already subscribed to Mark Lindsay and have been watching his videos for the last week. I got my Piranha set up but had trouble concentrating, had to have one of my dogs put to sleep. I will go out and try an easy project as soon as my head clears. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
MEBCWD is the Next Wave expert. Be nice to him and he'll let you pick his brain. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts