Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some Christmas presents I have been making for the relatives.
The first set are the 7 day clocks, in seven sided polygon. and the last are the same in a 14 sided polygon.
I tried some different hands on them , some I like and some I am undecided.
Also a Peruvian walnut napkin holder. I had a scrap of Peruvian Walnut , laying around so decided to use it up.

Attachments

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,189 Posts
Man, that's a lot of miters! Good work, Herb. Where do you get your clock movements? Years ago I made some small clocks for Christmas gifts but I don't remember where I bought the movements.

David

·
Registered
21,682 Posts
The perfect gift for retirees who might have a problem recalling what day it is. Me? I'm happy to report that isn't me because I have one of those radio connected digital clocks. The time slips away. Really nice job Herb.

·
Registered
37 Posts
...and the clocks should be all Saturdays! :surprise::grin::grin::grin:
Good idea...no need for a mitre...just a circle with "Saturday" on it :)

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks fellas, they are fun to make. here are some pictures of my high tech clamping system.

David, The only place I found the movement was on Ebay. I tried Klockit, but didn't find what I wanted there. Each movement comes with a big honky hand, so I bought some misc. hands from Klockit and used the hour hand. Then I figured out I could cut down the Ebay hand with a pair of shears, so I did that too.

Tom I love that MiterSat jig takes out all the trial and error of setting miters.

Don, my cousin Paul, also a woodworker made the drawings for the faces. I can size and print them out on my printer. Then I got some some PSA label paper and print them out, these are as large as I can print on a standard sheet of paper. Then I peel and stick them on a 1/8" thick piece of white melamine tempered hard board. That makes the white around the edges. Also each clock has a 1/16" clear acrylic lens on it.

If anyone wants the print files for the faces i would be glad to share them. I can email them, don't know how to post them.

Herb

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I think I saw that clamp apparatus over at best things for $149.99 on sale��

Nice craftsmanship on the clocks Herb....well done

7 days, 7 different woods? hhmmmmmm says I ��

Reactions: Herb Stoops
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.