· Retired Moderator
...... to get out of bed I had 4 little boxes glued up. Primarily just scrap wood from the cut off bin. These all had mitered corners and I put mitered keys on them. On one I some how didn't have the fence locked down when I used the jig so the slot opened up! Man I hate that!! Then when seperating the box and lid on the table saw I didn't have it square on the fence and I ended up having to chop the lid down some so it ended up a smaller box in heighth! Well I did get 2 error free boxes of which one I am going to try out my slot hinges on but I must build the jig for the drill press first. Oh well these were just practice boxes as I have never done anything but slab lids on boxes versus panels in lids. Learned a few things and made some mistakes I won't make on the larger ones... I hope! Pics in a few days when the finish is done. Just too darn cold in the shop now! Oh well, some days yah feel like going back to bad Well the panels were sucessful anyway.