Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
If it comes with everything in the picture, including the shop, I'll take one.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,358 Posts
Decent price on that first one but only 250 ipm? That's really slow on a big machine like that. The second one says max speed is 800 ipm - much better.

David

·
Registered
121 Posts
Decent price on that first one but only 250 ipm? That's really slow on a big machine like that. The second one says max speed is 800 ipm - much better.

David
They look like beast of machines. I'll stay with my cncrp pro4824 with the NEMA 34 electronics.
Question: How fast do people push their tools. I know materials/spindle are probably the main factors, but I've only gone 100ipm. I think my gantry would handle most any speed without flex before the tool snaps. Well unless I'm using a 1/2 endmill or something really ridged.
I'm really not sure what mine is capable of. I'm using a 3hp router too.
Maybe a better question is what is the fastest you have run your machine and what material was in on. Router or spindle.

·
Registered
377 Posts
... I'll stay with my cncrp pro4824 with the NEMA 34 electronics.
Question: How fast do people push their tools. I know materials/spindle are probably the main factors, but I've only gone 100ipm. I think my gantry would handle most any speed without flex before the tool snaps. Well unless I'm using a 1/2 endmill or something really ridged.
I'm really not sure what mine is capable of. I'm using a 3hp router too.
Maybe a better question is what is the fastest you have run your machine and what material was in on. Router or spindle.
My machine only has Nema23 steppers, and I usually cut between 200-250 ipm. I've got a new ballscrew coming for my Z-axis (1610 replacing a 1605) and I hope to be able to up that (my Z-axis can only do about 250).

I would expect your machine could handle 350-400ipm relatively easily.

Richard

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
That's scary. I'll bump mine up to around 220 sometimes if the cut is going good, and that makes me nervous watching it knowing it'll do better than twice that.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,358 Posts
The fastest I have cut is 400 ipm with a 1.5" flat bottom cutting to surface the MDF spoilboard. I was only taking about 0.010" to clean the surface but it was flying!! :grin:

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.