Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not the inventor of these and I make no claim to be......

In fact, I watched Izzy make these on his Youtube Channel and decided to make some.....

Using some scrap wood, some scrap 1-1/2" PVC pipe, 10 drywall screws, add 20 minutes of labor.....and I have 5 new, strong, cheap clamps!!

These will fit up to 3/8" thick material and hold it tight. I'm gonna find some large PVC scrap and make some larger ones later on. I need some shorter screws so I'll pick some up tomorrow.

Sometimes it's fun the be frugal.....or cheap. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
6,918 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm going to make homemade clamps, I'll make cam clamps. Plenty of free plans out there. https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/plans-projects/make-set-cam-clamps When I made a batch I used all plywood, no metal pieces at all. Worked very well, and I figure cost around 25 cents each, maybe less. Mine were from about 8" long, to 48" long.
I watched a video series from Paul Sellers making some cam clamps. I really liked them. But these were quick and easy.....and I had just a few minutes of daylight left. LOL

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Frank...
what do you do when the brittle DW screws break???

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frank...
what do you do when the brittle DW screws break???

Stick, I just made 'em.....haven't put 'em to use yet. Guess I will just swap 'em out. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts