Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Now that is awesome ;)
Painting all the little detail must have been a chore ?

So now that you've got some time in with your new machine, any complaints?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Sort of off subject, but I have a 34" caliper. Never have really needed it gut I have it.

It consists of Wixey R700 digital read out tht is installed on the Icrea LS fence positioner.
The set up ls limited to about a 34" maximum distance between the blade and the fence.

Even lthough the rails are for 52" set up, I am limited due to the fact that I have the cast iron wings installed on the saw and have the rails far enough to the left of of the saw to accommodate the router table.

This arrangement does provide pretty much the equivalent a 34" digital readout set of ov calipers. I have never needed to use the arrangement but the title of this thread prompted me to mention it.

Jerry

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
A very clever project and a great conversation starter.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,338 Posts
Very nice job.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Good Idea and it turned out great.

Looks good on that wall above the CNC.

Time to start looking into dust collection, especially if you cut MDF all the time.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I still have my slide rule from college. We weren't allowed to use them in high school.
What about the use of the Starrett name? Copyrighted logo? I frequent another forum where that was a big issue with military logos.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I still have my slide rule from college. We weren't allowed to use them in high school.
What about the use of the Starrett name? Copyrighted logo? I frequent another forum where that was a big issue with military logos.
If it is for personal use and not to mass produced for sell then there is no problem.

Reactions: RÖENTGEEP

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd like to be able to sell a few of these. I contacted Mitutoyo about using their name but haven't heard back from them so it looks like if I want to sell these, I'll just put my name on them.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Mike, a guy on this or another forum got into trouble just for mentioning the name of a farm equipment company that has green and yellow colors.
Pro4824, I would hold off until I heard from the company. I had a friend who had to pay a lot of $$$ for trademark infringement.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,785 Posts
You know, that might be an awesome carving to turn into a shop clock.....

And you could even make a digital version for the 'kids' these days who can't read an analog clock. Or Vernier Calipers, or a Dial Caliper.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your own brand

I'd like to be able to sell a few of these. I contacted Mitutoyo about using their name but haven't heard back from them so it looks like if I want to sell these, I'll just put my name on them.
Just create your own brand... call it Stareat.:wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts