Router Forums banner

Sommerfeld's Tongue and Groove?

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bobj3 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried Mark Sommerfeld's new tongue and groove bit set that he uses in his cabinet making? If so, what were your thoughts. I looks really slick on his video when he uses it in combination with a pocket hole jig. I really like the fact that the tongue is offset to allow for either a flush fitting joint or one that can be used for scribing along a wall. Any feedback would be great before I go out an order a set. Thanks.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll look into making my own. I had thought about trying to do that, but then hesitated. I really like the "matched set" idea. I plan to start using the rubber gromet concept and bottom out my bits. I thought that if I made my own, I would contantly be having to set and re-set the heights. I guess set-up blocks would help in that case though now that I think of it.

Have you made any cabinets using his system? If so, was it as easy as he makes it look?
Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.