Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to use this VEVOR 3018 Prover and am getting frustrated. Regardless of what project I send to the machine, the spindle raises to about 15mm above worksurface. I have set the spindle to the top of the workpiece and zeroed out the Z axis. This doesn't make sense. Can someone help with this issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Do you mean that it rises to move to the coordinates of the first cut, then lowers? Or do you mean that it rises and stays at that height and never cuts?
What CAM software are you using? What gcode sender are you using? What post processor have you set in your CAM software?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean that it rises to move to the coordinates of the first cut, then lowers? Or do you mean that it rises and stays at that height and never cuts?
What CAM software are you using? What gcode sender are you using? What post processor have you set in your CAM software?
It raises and then begins the cut at that height, never lowers back down to the workpiece before beginning the cut.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using Candle to send the code to the machine. Only using test cuts, haven't designed anything yet but will use Fusion 360.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am trying to use this VEVOR 3018 Prover and am getting frustrated. Regardless of what project I send to the machine, the spindle raises to about 15mm above worksurface. I have set the spindle to the top of the workpiece and zeroed out the Z axis. This doesn't make sense. Can someone help with this issue? Thanks.
Top of the work piece.
are you entering z or maybe start depth a negative number?

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts