Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

I am completely new to this so I apologize if it might be a stupid question. Long story short, I bought a laser engraver but I had to buy a router kit for it since I only want to cut acrylics up to 5mm thick (yes it's a Chinese machine lol). I finally finished putting the kit together but it's not working properly. For some reason the spindle only spins every other second instead of just turning on. I followed all the instructions, switched the pin on the board to the spindle position but it just won't work. I tried using lasergrbl and ugs to send the code. Also I created the code using carbide create. I am hoping it's just a setting I am missing.

Here's a video so you all can see. IMG-2109.mp4 - USAupload | Upload Files for free

And the board
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Audio equipment Electronic engineering

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you using a laser post-processor or are you using a carving post-processor to output your toolpath file? When using a laser post-processor the file generates signals that turn the laser on and off as needed but when using a carving post-processor it turns the spindle on before starting to cut and turns it off when the toolpath is finished.

I think that is the problem you are having.
Thank you for the reply. I ended up powering the spindle directly to a psu and it seemed to have solved the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts