This is the first time using splines for gluing up panels of 1x6 boards. The 3 panels are for the left side, right side and top of a nightstand. The pics show a piece of 1/4" poplar luan ready to be cut in 1" strips with the luans grain going in the opposite direction of the panels 1x6 boards grain. Several were cut. Next a stacked slot cutter bit slightly larger than the thickness of the luan was tighten in the collet and several test cuts were made until the slot was roughly in the middle of the board and when two slotted boards were pressed together the spline was able to be inserted with little wiggle room. Then the pre-cut boards that were labeled with painters tape were given arrows that pointed to the side or sides that were to get a routed slot. The left and right side panels were able to have the slot cut from end to end as the top and bottom would not show. The top panels slots were routed to an inch of both ends so that the slot and spline would not show. After dry fitting the panels were glued and clamped. This step either takes a while or I am a slow messy glue-up guy. Not too long after glue-up I noticed the panels bowed up in the middle some. I would guess that I should have also clamped the panel flat. I then did do that and will see how it came out after they dry.