Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that I would share a photo of the spool cabinet that I completed for my wife's Christmas present. It is six drawers with plate glass windows. The windows are personalized to her pre-retirement business venture of 25+ years. Each drawer interior is configured in different ways for spools and other items. The cabinet is hard maple with birdseye panels on three sides. The cabinet sits on a special carriage with wheels. The overall height is 42". Drawers are dovetailed. The rope twist half spirals were produced on a vintage Craftsman router crafter. The hard maple that I used on the three sides is left over from a kitchen re-flooring done 5 years ago.
Enrico Caruso

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am uncertain that the photo is attached to the post that I just made. If it is not there, can somebody tell me how to put it there now?
Enrico Caruso

·
Registered
901 Posts
Your photo didn't load. Click on "New Reply" button, then "Manage Attachments" at the bottom of the screen. Click on "Choose File". Then find your photo on your computer and click "open" Either make that window full-size or pull the bar at the bottom so the right side of the window is visible. Click on "Upload". Then close the window and click "Submit Reply".

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Why that's no spool cabinet, That's a museum piece! Beautifully done. Should help to justify the tools.

·
Super Moderator
6,795 Posts
Enrico
very nice great job

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
WOW...can't help but to keep looking at it...what exquisite detail and workmanship...you have me wondering how you made and what you used to make all the fine detail...

I disagree with Tom...these hubbie points should last a long time... :)

EDIT...I keep going back to the pictures and see more and more each time I look...WHAT PRECISION... ! ! !

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spool cabinet more photos

Hi everybody,
Thanks for the nice comments. I will add more photos of the interior of some of the drawers, as soon as I take some, but now I will add photos of the sides and back. That shows the birdseye panels and the vertical bead motif that is followed through on the legs of the base structure.
Enrico Caruso

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts