·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hello N/A, welcome to the forums...
We're happy you found us...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Mark and welcome. To suggest that machine is ancient would be an understatement. Is there any chance that one can be fixed? The only way I would imagine finding a part is if someone found one in an estate sale.

·
Registered
22,199 Posts
Welcome. If ereplacementparts.com doesn't have it, you are unlikely to find parts of any kind for a machine of that age. Stanley today isn't like the original company. If you can't find the part, or a used machine somewhere as suggested, then the time for you to retire your old friend has probably arrived.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for parts for my old reliable stanley M1 A (i think that's the model number) specifically, the top.
I have an M1-A that looks just like yours AND I also have what I believe is a forerunner or precursor to the M1-A. I believe it’s a Carter R5-A. It has a collet that looks like a Stanley M2-A. But it is the same diameter as my M1-A, just taller. It is about 1/2” taller AND, in addition, also has an extra 1/2” of threading on the housing so it can adjust a full 1” deeper in the base. It does not have the Stanley metal plate on it and you can tell one was not removed. There was never one on it.

The bottom looks different (8 bolts instead of 4) and the slotted, threaded port to add grease on the top is lacking. The top is spring-loaded, unlike the M1-A, but the bearing on the top looks the same. But to add grease you would have to unscrew all 4 bolts on a spring-loaded top.

The base for it is numbered 92936-01 but looks exactly like the GA-170A base that came with the M1-A I just acquired except the word Stanley is in yellow. But the way the cord goes into the top of the housing is identical, as is the aluminum cord clamp.
The motor bracket (mounts to a wooden table) is GA-171-A, so matches the base for the M1-A.

Has anyone ever seen a pre-M1-A R.L. Carter R5-A router side-by-side with an M1-A?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts