Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the world of routers I have had a Bosch 1617 and a Bosch RA1181 table for a couple of years though I am looking to expand my tentative start. I could never get the fine adjustment to work properly on my router, and I am looking at getting a lift that will fit my table. The router isn't the problem with compatibility, though I can't find information indicating that my table will accommodate the Jessem Master Lift 11, which looks like a good lift and is on sale at my local store. If anyone has been able to use that lift with the RA1181 without having to make any major alterations, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Can't answer your question but there may be a problem with the fine adjustment knob. At the top of the shaft there is a "C" shaped clip, I can't remember it's name, that can come loose and ride up the shaft. If that happens, the fine adjustment knob will just spin and not raise or lower the motor. If this is the problem, as long as that clip isn't damaged, all you have to do is push it down until it clicks into place. If that's not the problem, I can't offer any other suggestions.

·
Official Greeter
19,749 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.