Router Forums banner

Statue of Liberty Flag

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  old55 
#1 ·
Statue of Liberty Flag. Size is 320x250x27mm. Wood is cherry with stained finish. But I may send it to be painted.

See less See more
#4 ·
I say leave it as is. Who paints cherry anyway? If you want paint, make another, with different wood, have it painted, then compare the two. I am thinking this one will be more popular.

#7 ·
Boy, that looks good, like the others, I'd hate to see that beautiful wood painted. Just thinking out loud, if you wanted a different shade, what if you layered two different species of wood where the statue was in a slightly different shade of wood? Would be difficult to do, but I bet the experts here have an idea. I would not change anything as nice as it is.

#12 ·
I like this one. It reminds me of when my father was stationed in New York. We went to the Statue Of Liberty and climbed to the crown, the torch had been closed off at that time.

Dan I don't really think very much of your CNC work needs to be painted because of the fine detail you get when they are carved. The shadows they cast make the details very distinctive.

#13 ·
No paint, but if you want to bring out the images better, put the protective finish on. Brush some darker stain, and wipe it off leaving the dark stain in all the texture. It will bring out the detail but not loose the wood grain.

#14 ·
Work of Art...!

...and you may have heard...don't paint it...

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Statue of Liberty Flag. Size is 320x250x27mm. Wood is cherry with stained finish. But I may send it to be painted.
You Guys know that the official name of statue of liberty is "Liberty Enlightening the World " and in french it's pronounce as"La Liberté Éclairant le Monde".If you find this information usefull then kindly read our blog on statue of liberty,here below is the link.Statue Of Liberty link

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.