1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
right on.....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great start, Stephanie! I like the french cleat system.

Your shop aprons are more colorful than my 35 year old Craftsman blue-gray denim apron!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Good idea about the chest of drawers as a base for the drill press. Plenty of bit storage and other drill related stuff.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good idea about the chest of drawers as a base for the drill press. Plenty of bit storage and other drill related stuff.
Thanks! Yup drill bits and chuck and drilling templates in top drawer
Booklets/manuals for all tools in bottom drawer.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Stephanie I like your efforts to be better organized, Looking at the photos then I get the impression that the wall is a 'timber stud wall' so you would have used normal wood screws to hold that track up. now the 2inch wood screw has tremendous sheer holding ability but you be careful now and don't go putting too much weight up on those brackets or it may all come down in the most embarrassing way. Neville

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
i plan on the longer boards going on top...which are aboove the door.
the shelf brackets move, so if its a problem, i can just move them to make
another short shelf on the middle and left brackets
You do nice work, Stephanie!
Re the bracket-through-the-window-accidentally thing, can you put a doorstop somewhere to prevent the door opening that far? You, of course know not to open it rapidly, but someone else coming into the shop wouldn't necessarily know or remember...

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
wtg! Nice job! Call me jealous! But, I'll be in Bentley soon (I hope... if we ever get out of this deep freeze, and I can dig him out, that is!)

P.S. Bentley is my latest "workshop." He replaced Beastie who was a gutted out Motorhome my husband made into a workshop for me. Last fall, we found Bentley, who is a construction office trailer. (I have no garage or place to work; so I/we improvise.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts