Router Forums banner

Still looking for CAM Software

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  kcortese12 
#1 ·
I'm back after a long break from CNC. Have been using Universal G-Code Sender but it's a major pain to work with. I can't even reset Z by itself. Looking for suggestions. Thanks
Chuck

#7 ·
If you are using UGS, I assume that your controller is grbl-based. Correct? If so, I don't believe that Mach3 or mach4 will work with that controller. You don't give any specifics about your issue with UGS. You mention setting Z0. UGS will certainly do that quite simply. If you don't like UGS, you could try CNCjs or gSender. Both are written for grbl-based controllers.

#9 ·
I don't know what version of gsender you are using, but if you are using UGS Platform as opposed to UGS Classic, all versions have the facility to zero any axis. In the attached screen cap, you can see that there is a button for X0, Y0 and Z0. Clicking any of them zeroes that axis and only that axis.

Attachments

#14 ·
I do not like UGS, it is too glitchy. Download and install Open Builds. All you have to do is connect the port, home, set you material position, import your g-code and run. Very simple, no error messages, no problems at all. All you have to do is run your job without jumping through hoops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.