Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new Motor Home has a dressing area desk in the master bedroom, but did not have a stool or a chair to sit on as
Sandra did her hair and makeup. So I received an order for a stool, and this is what I came up with.
I cut the legs on my band saw out of 2x4s and after clamping them together I was able to belt sand them to match
so they were all the same shape. Then I ran them through my router table with a round over bit to give the sides some shape. I used two inch cabinet screws from the outside to pull them good and tight. This with wood glue and they seem to be very solid. I plugged all the screw holes with wood putty since it was to be painted. I added a shelf on the bottom to help stabilize the whole thing and after covering and padding the seat, I hinged it to the stool to make a space under it to store small stuff. Sandra says I need to be taking pictures of my projects as I go instead of the end product.
I'll work on that.

David

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,059 Posts
" Sandra says I need to be taking pictures of my projects as I go instead of the end product."

Please David, take your wife's advice, everyone knows how much I for one like Photos and it shows HOW you made the project in question.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I liked it David but you didn't turn it so we could see the curved legs so we need at least one more picture.

Reactions: thomas1389

·
Registered
Mike
3,836 Posts
The smile on Sandra's face says it all.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Just count your blessings. She could have asked for a chair.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I liked it David but you didn't turn it so we could see the curved legs so we need at least one more picture.
Sorry about that Charles. She had taken several different stills of the stool but I was the camera man for the video.
I'll try to post a side shot of it for you.

David

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts