·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't go out of my way for that type of music but I didn't find it unpleasant and as for the nubile young ladies, unfortunately I'm getting past that after a lifetime of enjoying such things.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I grew up with music like that. And you've gotta think positive Harry. I'm 77 and I'm not too old, in fact I'm just middle aged. I'm shooting for around 150. I did stop chasing those younger gals tho. Now I only date older women, you know, 23, 24, 25.

·
Premium Member
19,009 Posts
I grew up with my heart pitter pattering over Sandy Boggs, the daughter of Noel Boggs, who was a pioneer of the Steel Guitar. I think I posted one of his songs not long ago. He generally played western swing, but he also did sound effects for some of MGM's big biblical films. He was adept at making his guitar sound like a voice, and worked closely with Fender guitars to develop more advanced instruments. He was on local TV playing for Spade Cooley's western swing and comedy music.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I wouldn't go out of my way for that type of music but I didn't find it unpleasant and as for the nubile young ladies, unfortunately I'm getting past that after a lifetime of enjoying such things.
Harry I think most of those nubile young ladies are older than you are now and most are no longer with us.

Perhaps some Segovia on guitar? At times he seems to be playing more than one song. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=adreas+segovia+youtube&t=ffsb&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=lCeebWgjrrU

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Reactions: MYB506 and TenGees

·
Registered
191 Posts
Harry, I remember that tune from my childhood but it was played on a clarinet. It was more than 50 years ago but it still brought back memories when I heard it. Funny how music does that to you.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I was in the dance band in high school and recall the leader doing a great solo on the clarinet with "Stranger on the Shore." This was in 1964. Ah, the good ol' days! I found a classical station in Louisville, KY when I was in seminary in 1975. I used it as study background and stuck with it ever since.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Thanks Steve for the Carlos Santana, only problem it was too short. You could see that he felt every note he plays.

Reactions: artman60

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
What a musician Charles, wonderful.
The same song as Segovia played but by the rock band the Doors Harry. Most people probably don't know that Robby Krieger, the Doors guitarist, was a Flamenco trained guitarist which you can hear in this recording. A little faster and electric sounding than Segovia but still a good song.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Some of the old timers might remember a steel guitar recording, Sleepwalk by Santo and Johnny.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts