Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
I'll pass. Got a small shop, an open window in the back, a box fan in front of the window, and the dust gets blown out of the door. It actually works, and it's paid for.

Reactions: JFPNCM

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'll pass. Got a small shop, an open window in the back, a box fan in front of the window, and the dust gets blown out of the door. It actually works, and it's paid for.
I do the same thing. My shop is half of my two car garage with a wall down the middle. I place a box fan on a stool behind me as I use my table saw and roll the router table out doors to use it.
I do wear a mask and eye and ear protection. It seems to work quite well. Helps cool the garage in these south Texas summers too.
I also have a large ceiling fan that brings the hot air down off the rafters to be blown out the garage door.
I have been "PLANNING" to insulate and sheet rock the garage for over 25 years, so like Rick, I probably never will get it done.

David

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I looked up a Wen ceiling mounted dust collector to see how they compare. Both filter to 1 micron. The Wen does up to 1044 cubic feet per minute while the Stratus does 1440 cubic meters per hour. There is 35.3 cubic feet in a cubic meter so the Wen filters about 1.5 times what the Stratus does and hangs from the ceiling out of the way and is much cheaper so the Stratus might be a hard sell unless someone needed to be able to move it around with them which would be hard to do with a ceiling mounted unit. https://wenproducts.com/collections...rength-air-filtration-system-556-702-1044-cfm

Reactions: MEBCWD and JFPNCM

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A box fan on the floor with a good filter seems like a reasonable and far cheaper alternative. Couple that with the Wen system Charles described would be an even better fit.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
I do the same thing.
I do wear a mask and eye and ear protection. It seems to work quite well. Helps cool the garage in these south Texas summers too.
Yeah, I wear protection also, and it does cool the shop down.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts