Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin Paul who designed and installed my sensors to the dust bin of my dust collector just sent me information on where to get the parts and the wiring diagram for such a set up. Since the circuit board he used on my set up is no longer available, this information indicates others have been found at a reasonable price at other sources.

I am just passing on this information since there seems to be an interest on the forum for installing sensors on the bucket or bin to indicate when the bin needs MTing.

It saves you a lot of grief if you can prevent the sawdust from getting sucked into the filters.

Don't ask me questions ,please, I know little about electricity except that it bites.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread...ew-cheaper-parts&highlight=DC+dust+bin+sensor

Herb

·
Registered
Mike
3,941 Posts
Installing this in a system is cheap and will save a lot of time not having to do a major cleaning of the final filter of the dust collector or shop vac. I have also burned up a large shop vac by not knowing it was full. I found the parts I want to use and have them saved for later when I get some time to do some shop projects.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine works on the principal of a garage door bottom closing with an object in its way. It has a light sender and a light receiver, anything interrupting the beam shuts off the door closer.

This one above is a single sensor system that can be adjusted for a range of as close as 2" from it to send an alarm signal. That makes it ideal for mounting in the top of a 5 gallon bucket pointing down. There is a dial built into it to adjust the signal to a specific range. From what I read the whole thing runs less than $25.00 for sensor, wall wart and light and the wiring diagram looks pretty simple.

Herb

·
Registered
Mike
3,941 Posts
Herb I found parts for both styles because I will put the singles on my shop vac systems and put the sensor/receiver type on the main dust collector, at least that's what I am planning right now. Less than 15 dollars for the shop vac and less than 17 for the dust collector, that includes the sensor, light with audible alarm and the power supply for each setup. I'll do a little more parts searching when I'm ready to purchase parts and probably be able to cut those cost down a few dollars.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Herb I found parts for both styles because I will put the singles on my shop vac systems and put the sensor/receiver type on the main dust collector, at least that's what I am planning right now. Less than 15 dollars for the shop vac and less than 17 for the dust collector, that includes the sensor, light with audible alarm and the power supply for each setup. I'll do a little more parts searching when I'm ready to purchase parts and probably be able to cut those cost down a few dollars.
That is great ,Mike mine cost around $40.
Be sure to up date any sources for parts, I am considering just getting a spare set for back up at these prices. the nice part about the single sensor is the circuit components are built in where as I had to have a separate circuit board. I am also thinking of setting up a shop vac system too,I already have the DD, and this would be ideal for it.
Herb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.