Router Forums banner

Students Wanted!

1504 Views 26 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  jw2170
Hi, I am looking for people interested in learning new router lessons on the table-mounted router. This would be a scheduled zoom meeting environment and we would be making a small box as featured in episode 801 of the Router Workshop. It's Christmas time and these boxes would be made as gifts for relatives and friends. We would be going through the following: 1) the Rabbet/Dado joint on the box body, 2) installing hinges for the box lid, 3) molding the top and bottom edges, and 4) techniques for making the parts list of a custom box. Is anyone interested?
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Sorry, not for me. Glad to see you guys back.
Hey Tom, thanks for the reply. Maybe or Maybe not? I would like to get experience with an audience. Get feedback etc...you might be the perfect guy for helping with the new people to the router. Maybe reconsider?
Hey Tom, thanks for the reply. Maybe or Maybe not? I would like to get experience with an audience. Get feedback etc...you might be the perfect guy for helping with the new people to the router. Maybe reconsider?
You must be reading my posts. I led workshops and seminars and trainings for decades. It's an art. Lost my ability to speak audibly a couple of years ago and can't travel. I write here a lot because I'm a teacher at heart and this is one place where I can give back to all the guys and women here who helped me.

Good luck to you on this project. With so many videos on YouTube, I think you need to emphasize the hands on aspect. A lot of people never take the plunge because they are afraid of power tools and don't want to make mistakes. Mistakes, of course, are part of how you learn, but a hands on class is a good way to overcome that. Then you have to find places where people on the brink might be found...DIY sites and groups might be a good place to start.
I hear you, Tom, thanks for the follow-up.
Hi, I am looking for people interested in learning new router lessons on the table-mounted router. This would be a scheduled zoom meeting environment and we would be making a small box as featured in episode 801 of the Router Workshop. It's Christmas time and these boxes would be made as gifts for relatives and friends. We would be going through the following: 1) the Rabbet/Dado joint on the box body, 2) installing hinges for the box lid, 3) molding the top and bottom edges, and 4) techniques for making the parts list of a custom box. Is anyone interested?
This sounds intriguing.

I just picked up the DVD for series 100 and the associated project book and am struggling trying to figure out the jigs/setup needed to get going the way taught in the show, as nothing seems available anymore.

Would love to see updates / recommendations for today.
Hey Cory, what specifically are you looking for?
Welcome to the forum Corey
G'day @Cory , welcome to the forum.
Hi

I am new to this forum and routing but am interested in learning. I have limited equipment and am mostly learning to make picture frames but want to expand my capabilities. When will you classes be held?

Mike
Love to work with you Mike, you are just who I am looking for someone with an interest to learn about the router. When you say limited tools what does that mean? Do you have a router and router table? Are you willing to be on a zoom meeting with me one on one? I like to work on Saturdays between 1:00 and 2:00 PM CST. I would work up a custom workflow outline to match your needs. Reply if interested and answer the questions.
I am looking for 3 people to help me understand the new technology and there is no charge for interested people. Are there other interested people?
Welcome to the forum @MCA
Welcome to the forum, Mike
I am looking for 3 people to help me understand the new technology and there is no charge for interested people. Are there other interested people?
Welcome to the forum @MCA
Thanks Ross, hoping to learn from all of you with experience
Reactions: 1
Hi

I am new to this forum and routing but am interested in learning. I have limited equipment and am mostly learning to make picture frames but want to expand my capabilities. When will you classes be held?

Mike
Hi

Mike
Hi, Rob and Bob. Sorry for not responding sooner, I have family in town. unfortunately I am not available on weekends. I take care of my mother in law on Saturday and Sunday each week. Also not sure I have the time to attend regularly, just looking to learn at my own pace but thanks for the opportunity.

Mike
Hi Rob and Rick,

I would be interested in taking the lesson. Is it for tomorrow? And do I need to have a special equipment besides table and router ? Do I need to be in my own shop or I can look from my desktop computer?
how many Saturdays will it go?
would be interested in taking the lesson. Is it for tomorrow? And do I need to have a special equipment besides table and router ? Do I need to be in my own shop or I can look from my desktop computer?
how many Saturdays will it go?
Not for tomorrow for the lesson but maybe we can discuss your needs and my needs for this exercise, no special equipment just a router, table, and interest to route, from your desktop with a zoom camera we discuss the tasks with tips from the show and follow up via zoom, My goal is to teach over the zoom meeting structure using the show tapes as the instruction elements. I want to discuss "how to" create 10 Christmas boxes using the rabbet/dado joint, fastening and routing techniques for the bottom, adding the butt hinge for hardware, and making the first router fixture a 1/4-inch spacer fence. Send me a message and we will hook up...Rick
Here is my brag book on my first jigs and fixture student...

Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.