Router Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I knew an old burnt out hippie that carved whimsical houses out of stumps for garden art, but yours beats that 10-1.
Herb
then some...

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wowzers, amazing work! You must have the patience of Job to pull that off.

I got my honey do list done, but it took being laid off for 3 months to do it. Seems like I built repaired or cleaned something every day. Well, in all truth she did ask me to clean the carpet and that isn't done...but it is not officially on the list on the fridge door.

Gavin

·
Registered
Paul
1,834 Posts
I tried to calculate the number of parts in that Kelly but I gave up at five plus five. Looks great!

·
Premium Member
19,008 Posts
What a work of art you've created! I'd keep your eyes peeled for fairies flitting in and out because I can't imagine that every fairy in the neighborhood, heck even the county, that wouldn't want to move in. How fanciful can you get.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
In answer to the question of where it was built, it was built inside and just sits down over the stump, about six inches.

In answer to the salvage of the pine tree, I cut the main tree into 2' sections and kept many of the thicker branches. I go out and grab pieces from time to time for various projects. Many of section of the old tree has been turned for projects. Otherwise, I cut sections into blocks and go from there, be it a bandsaw box or what have you.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hi, Kelly.
Regarding the finishing I´d like to know if it is able to protect your marvelous art from termites and other bugs.

BTW, super nice job.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Everything I read about my mix suggests bugs hate it. That said, I suspect even used motor oil would get you down the road. I've used GALLONS upon gallons of it on wood fences and shingles.

Hi, Kelly.
Regarding the finishing I´d like to know if it is able to protect your marvelous art from termites and other bugs.

BTW, super nice job.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
302 Posts
Herb,

My Uncle did this for years until the county said no more. He had a grain truck and my Dad made a trough on the back of the truck. He could do about 2 passes to do the front of his house. Obviously he lived on a gravel road.

Frank

21 - 33 of 33 Posts