Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum but found nothing related.

When I respond to a thread/post the site automatically adds a subscription to that thread - I then get an email notification (believe it's weekly).

I prefer not to have subscriptions added. Is there any place to modify a setting that prevents the auto-add??

Thanks

Vince

·
Registered
514 Posts
Click on subscriptions.
Under settings and options click on edit options.
Under messages and notifications, default thread subscriptions change to do not subscribe.

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
When reading a post just above says subscription just click on it it'll open the page for you then set it the way you want it .
It's good for following a certain post when you're done following it just unsubscribed from that post

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Al - thanks found it

John - thanks, I generally go to the "new posts" tab when I log in, so I see any new posts (go figure) or new responses.

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
No Herb you to click on the subscribe button at the top of the page a lot of people do it by accidentally

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Whenever you comment on any thread then that comment subscribes you to the updates, you can also subscribe by clicking on the subscribe icon at the top of any thread. When you get an email update for a thread you are subscribed to then at the top of that email there is a link that will take you to the thread so you can check out the new posts, on that update email and under the link that will take you to the thread, under that link is an unsubscribe link that when you click on it then you are taken off the list for that thread and you then don't get the update emails for it any more, its not rocket science. N

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whenever you comment on any thread then that comment subscribes you to the updates, you can also subscribe by clicking on the subscribe icon at the top of any thread. When you get an email update for a thread you are subscribed to then at the top of that email there is a link that will take you to the thread so you can check out the new posts, on that update email and under the link that will take you to the thread, under that link is an unsubscribe link that when you click on it then you are taken off the list for that thread and you then don't get the update emails for it any more, its not rocket science. N
Hi Neville:
Not sure if your response was for me or Herb.
I prefer not to be subscribed automatically as I click on new posts and read all new responses to those posts.
Subscriptions clog up my email, as I get a ton of email and only read email on my smartphone.
But anyway, I've followed Al's instructions above and changed the setting.

Thanks

Vince

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Thanks Neville, I just did what you said, it is rocket science to me, I'm a woodworker don't forget,not a computer guy.:grin:
Herb

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
go to your ''edit options'' and turn off your email notifications...

click on your screen name > Account Settings > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode > pull down box > Do not subscribe...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

click on your screen name > Account Settings > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode > pull down box > Do not subscribe...
Good morning Stick - did that ages ago per Al's post #2 in this thread:laugh2:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
duh...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My understanding is that you do not get automatically subscribed to any thread 'just by reading it' you have to add a comment, or click on the subscribe option, either way when I am done with a thread then I go back to the last update email for that thread and I use the un-subcribe option on it, I never get any more undates after I do that, and as I am done with this one then I will do that now. N

·
Registered
803 Posts

ty sir i knew it was probably there somewhere i just didnt know under which rock. as usual i went the long way around the barn

·
Administrator
2,089 Posts
Go to your account settings and select edit options.
https://www.routerforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to Default Thread Subscription Mode. On the right side, there is a drop-down menu to select your preferences.

default.png

That will only impact new subscriptions. In order to unsub from others without going through them one by one, go to your subscriptions.
https://www.routerforums.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Add check marks to all of them then go down to the bottom to the "move to folder" drop-down menu and select "no email notification"

no email.jpg

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Mine is set to "Do not subscribe" and I still get emails...will try "No email notifications" next...

·
Retired Moderator
16,386 Posts
We mods got a notification the other day that site changes were being made. Maybe that was a consequence of that.

Reactions: MEBCWD
1 - 20 of 44 Posts