Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've considered doing a similar installation. What are you doing for the exhaust side? A filter setup, or exhaust directly outside? And if you've got it completed, have you noticed much difference in performance?

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,526 Posts
Wow that's a crazy looking setup . Looks like t should mounted on the trunk lid of a Delorian :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exhaust

I've considered doing a similar installation. What are you doing for the exhaust side? A filter setup, or exhaust directly outside? And if you've got it completed, have you noticed much difference in performance?
Hey Doug, I tried to upload more pics from my phone when I uploaded this post but they didn't work so I'll try again. I plan on using the Wynn nano filter and I'm still building the rest of the collection system so I'll update as I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Rick, Back to the Future was one of my favorite movies. I guess it would give a whole new meaning to eat my dust.....I guess we would have to say suck my dust if we put it on a Delorian.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Doug, I tried to upload more pics from my phone when I uploaded this post but they didn't work so I'll try again. I plan on using the Wynn nano filter and I'm still building the rest of the collection system so I'll update as I can.
Chris, if you can rotate the pictures with a photo editor, they'll be much easier to see. Looking forward to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did basically the same thing using a Harbor Freight DC and a Wynn C1425C filter. The system works great. I don't get any chips in the filter bag unless I let the chip bin fill up.

In this type of arrangement, the switch for the dust collector becomes inaccessible, or at least not very convenient, so I would highly recommend some sort of remote control for the dust collector. I use a Penn State Lone Ranger.

Van

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Charlie,
So far here are the rough numbers.
Wynn Nano $177
Harbor Freight $150
Super Dust Deputy $169
6" to 5" reducer $7
Plasti-dip spray $6
TOTAL $509
Minus lung transplant $750,000
so I figure I'm way ahead so far!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lungs

Well either you have been misled like many others, or you are assuming.
Just being silly. I know that my dust collection system has nothing to do with keeping the microscopic particles out of my lungs. That's what an air cleaner and wearing a respirator are for. My current system will just allow me to spend a little less time sweeping up the missed sawdust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did basically the same thing using a Harbor Freight DC and a Wynn C1425C filter. The system works great. I don't get any chips in the filter bag unless I let the chip bin fill up.

In this type of arrangement, the switch for the dust collector becomes inaccessible, or at least not very convenient, so I would highly recommend some sort of remote control for the dust collector. I use a Penn State Lone Ranger.

Van
Nice set-up Van! I totally forget to mention the cost of the Longer Ranger 3.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice clean setup Chris.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts