Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone knows where I can find tinted plexiglass that I can cut and fit inside a heart shaped scrollsawed suncatcher, I would really appreciate it.
I have tried cutting glass to fit inside but failed twice. I've looked on the internet but one place had a $30.00 minimum. I only need one piece of blue or fuschia tinted plexiglass about 10" X 12".
I've done all the fretwork already but may do some woodburning and staining of the birch plywood it is made out of if I can just find the plexiglass.
I called a glass place here in town and they didn't bother to return my call. The local HD and Lowes doesn't have tinted plexiglass last time I checked.
Any information would be appreciated. I hate to see all that work hidden in a box in the basement when it should be hanging in a window!
Thanks!

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Sandy

Give the two links below a look see, they may work for you . :)

Plexiglass, tinted 12" x 12", acrylic lexan lot of 3 at 5.99ea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Plexiglass-tint...ryZ61795QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

------------------------------------

Plastic Sheet in Small Ready-to-Ship Sizes
Plexiglass in clear and colors

This page represents a variety of the most popular plastic sheets which are available for immediate shipment.
User friendly sizes of 12" or 24" x 48" are easy to buy and ship

http://www.rplastics.com/plasticsheet.html?gclid=CM_6mafetIcCFQTwYAodLCiYNg

Bj :)

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Sandy, you may also want to look at a "hobby-shop". They may carry the plexi that you're looking for.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ken,
I've tried Hobby Lobby and Michaels, but will look in the yellow pages for another hobby store. Thanks for your post.
Bj,
I've just been busy, really. This is the only woodworking forum I visit at all. I just counted the building blocks I cut out (from scrap wood from the last 4 or 5 years) and it's 268 blocks! Now I have to paint them all and I only have around 15 done so far. I'll be busy for a while!
I see they have quite a few changes on this forum, is there a chat room yet? lol
I sure do appreciate you being here, Bj and for all your fine info! Thank you so much.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
You're Welcome Sandy

Many new items on the Forum but no chat room yet :(
Mark is working over time getting things up and running and he is doing a great job , that should get me some points hahahahahahahahaha LOL :)
It's aways good to hear from you Sandy drop in more offen .PLEASE :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bobj3 said:
You'er Welcome Sandy

Many new items on the Forum but no chat room yet :(
Mark is working over time getting things up and running and he is doing a great job , that should get me some points hahahahahahahahaha LOL :)
It's aways good to hear from you Sandy drop in more offen .PLEASE :)

Bj,
Besides all your wonderful assistance in this forum, you are also a very kind person. I just had to say that. Thank you for making me feel welcome here :D

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Sandy, I only suggested a hobby shop because, the one near me at one time did carry such things.I haven't been in this store for quite some time so, I'm not sure if they still carry it. I hope that you can find one near you that carries plexi-glass. Just a silly thought here, have you tried e-bay?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hamlin,
I know one day, I will probably shop on e-bay, but I try to avoid it for now. I've heard so many horror stories and one time, right before I cleared the hard drive for the umpteenth time, I found someone had made e-bay and pay-pal a "trusted" site on my firewall, and, as I said, I've never used it. I personally believe it was a hacker or trojan horse of some type.
Anyhow, I sure appreciate you taking the time to write another post. I'll keep my eye out for it. You never know when they might start carrying it again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tinted Acrylic

If anyone knows where I can find tinted plexiglass that I can cut and fit inside a heart shaped scrollsawed suncatcher, I would really appreciate it.
I have tried cutting glass to fit inside but failed twice. I've looked on the internet but one place had a $30.00 minimum. I only need one piece of blue or fuschia tinted plexiglass about 10" X 12".
I've done all the fretwork already but may do some woodburning and staining of the birch plywood it is made out of if I can just find the plexiglass.
I called a glass place here in town and they didn't bother to return my call. The local HD and Lowes doesn't have tinted plexiglass last time I checked.
Any information would be appreciated. I hate to see all that work hidden in a box in the basement when it should be hanging in a window!
Thanks!
Try your local golf cart repair or the local golf course ask about broken cart windshields. I have used it for many things includeing router table plates and many other things, I'm sure it would be fine for your needs. Good luck, Frank Lee. Forum Advocate, ! !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.