Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get hold of T-tracks in South Africa. Does anyone know where I can buy it? The tracks are extremely expensive to import.:blink:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi Gideon. I get mine from Hardware Centre (Randburg and Cape Town). Not cheap, and sometimes out of stock, but usually available.

Usually have normal T-Track plus T-bolts, etc, and also the broader 19mm track for mitre slots. Have not seen the two-in-one units sometimes found on proprietary router tables. Occasionally have the Kreg tracks, at prices to make you weep.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi depending on your need, I usally get by using normal curtain t-tracks here in Denmark. They are not så costly.

Regards Leif

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi Gideon. I get mine from Hardware Centre (Randburg and Cape Town). Not cheap, and sometimes out of stock, but usually available.

Usually have normal T-Track plus T-bolts, etc, and also the broader 19mm track for mitre slots. Have not seen the two-in-one units sometimes found on proprietary router tables. Occasionally have the Kreg tracks, at prices to make you weep.
Presactly. The normal t-tracks are not too expensive but the Kreg stuff is normally bought with a free jar of Vaseline.

Gideon, what are you looking to make?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hilton,

I want to insert the tracks into my router table and table saw fences to keep feather boards as well as clamps in place.

Gideon

·
Registered
56 Posts
While I know they don't work in every situation, have you thought about buying a T-Track router bit and building your own slots? Seems like it would save a ton of both money and time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are at least two SA companies that manufactures something similar to the T track supplied by Hardware Centre; Wispeco (Lipped Channel) and Hulamin (Type 11 Channel) both list something in their catalogues that will be suitable. Could one of you guys who live in the city find a supplier for us?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts