Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have a problem with my T8 CNC router (Engraver) machine. When i run GRBL 1.09 and switch on the spindle motor on the engrager (24) (volt) it freezes the computer. I am running Windows 7 Pro.
Please Can anybody help?

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,022 Posts
Welcome to the forum I’m sure someone will be along to give you a hand.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Is this something that just started happening. Is the first time you have tried to use the machine. 24 V returning to the computer by way of a USB port will freeze the computer. If this has never happened before check all your wiring and connections. Disconnect the computer, shut it down reconnect and retry it again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys, I checked the wiring on the machine and it was correct so i removed the arduino and shield and replaced them with a new setup and i have set the 24volt motor to run direct from the power supply, and now everything works as it should. Possibly the problem was a faulty motherboard or shield or both, i don't know which. On the original setup the 24volt power supply was wired direct to the motor with a rocker switch to control the power so i don't see how 24volts could get to the USB cable. I guess that is not important now. Cheers Ron. (Thanks for your input to my problem).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys, The same problem is happening again. I don't know what to do next. I have checked the wiring and all is correct and the 24 volt motor is wired direct to the 24 volt power supply. The machine runs as it should when the motor is switched off but the moment the motor is switched on the software freezes. I am running Universal Gcode sender V1.0.9 on windows 7. Please can anybody help? Cheers Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts