Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! ... I originally posted this in the wrong place I suspect, and it should have been here in table routing

Hi!
I was given a RONA combo router (discontinued) which has a three screw mount, measuring 4.25 inchea x 4.25 inches x 4.5 inches apart.
I was hoping to order something like a Bosch 1181 table, but can't confirm it would match up.
I am not totally new to routing (messed about a bit with a black and decker and a cheap all plastic routing table) but am not sure if I should maybe be planning to buy a new plastic base for the fixed part of my router (maybe just a plastic one you drill to match your table?), or maybe plan on drilling the Bosch tabletop if it doesn't match up.
Anyway, this is all new, so I am at a bit of a loss as to the best way to proceed.
Someone said that the RONA router was maybe a Chinese knockoff of some popular brand, but I can't find any further details. A thread about 10 years ago said to buy an OAK PARK table, but it seems they are not in that business anymore, at least for tables.
All ideas most welcome!
Thanks!
Paul

·
Official Greeter
19,759 Posts
Hi Paul, it appears this is not a popular router.

As suggested earlier, it may be easier to make your own small table.
All it takes is a piece of ply (baltic birch, if you can get it) and a generic plate...

This is my Triton router in an Oak Park Table.....
Furniture Table Gas Folding table Outdoor table

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.