Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Triton TAR 001 mounted on a Woodpecker table plate and a home made table. It has worked beautifully for the last year since I bought the router and made the table, however, now when I raise it using the winder it slips and makes a clicking sound. Clearly there is some resistance and the clutch in the mechanism prevents damage which is a great feature. But I'm left with a mounted router I can't raise, mind you it lowers no problem.
I've cleaned and cleared the dust out using a vacum cleaner but it is still not lifting, so any tips or suggestions are welcome please?

Thanks Larkan
:help:

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hi Kerry,

I presume you mean a TRA001?

How old is the router? The earlier models had a nylon part in the winder mechanism that was subject to wear. This has been replaced by a metal part which is available as a spare part.

I have heard reports of members in the US getting the replacement part for no charge.

You might try the Australian distributors. I thought they used to be Kinchrome Tools (Kincrome - Home), but Triton don't seem to be on their web site anymore.

Where are you in Aust? Carbatec may be able to help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try the switch

Hi Kerry,

I'm sure you have already checked to be sure the off/on switch is in the off position and the safety door closed, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Dana

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hi Kerry,

This is from the Aussie Woodworking forum;

Are Kinchroem still distributors?

Give Kinchrome a ring or contact you Melbourne CarbaTec store.

I would try Kinchrome first.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
It sounds like this router has the old plastic gears and they have stripped. Metal replacement gears are available at no charge if this is the problem. If this only happens as the locking lever should be engaging perhaps it needs some lube?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Triton Problem

Thanks for this. I'm in Melb. I've got to call them again as I've done all they suggested and it is still slipping so not sure what is happening.
Thanks for the suggestions

Cheers, Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I presume you mean a TRA001?

How old is the router? The earlier models had a nylon part in the winder mechanism that was subject to wear. This has been replaced by a metal part which is available as a spare part.

I have heard reports of members in the US getting the replacement part for no charge.

You might try the Australian distributors. I thought they used to be Kinchrome Tools (Kincrome - Home), but Triton don't seem to be on their web site anymore.

Where are you in Aust? Carbatec may be able to help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they are still the Aust distributors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts