Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone back a reviewd questions others have had about moving the stock relative to the bit in a table mounted router but I didn't see my question (although I can't believe it hasn't been asked and answered before.)

I'm making some spaghetti measures. A hand held device with a series of holes of different sizes. I've got the holes cut and I wanted to route a slight chamfer to the inside edges. Basically I just taking the sharp edge off.

How best can I do this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
YOu can use a small round over bit with a bearing.The bearing will follow the Hole you made.Try a sample first using the same thickness of wood and adjust the height.IF you find it is taking more off then you need, you can put a larger bearing on it.

Hickory

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are looking for an illustration to enlarge and tack to the wall, see "The New Router Handbook" (ISBM 0-8069-0518-2) by Patrick Spielman, page 113 for an idea. Keep in mind, though, that the view is for moving the router around the peice (relative to the rotation of the bit); for a router table, the direction of movement is the piece!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.