Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate to bother you guys with this, but here it is: when I go to lock my fence on the JET table saw it seems to "jump" an 1/8" or so. Am I doing something wrong? It is the stock fence that comes with the JET 10W....saw. Nice saw and I really like it, but this fence thing is driving me nuts. I have to be VERY careful or I am not going to get a 3" but, but a 3 1/8" cut which, as you know......AIN"T gonna work!!
I'd like to upgrade the fence but Good Grief...have you checke the prices! My first CAR didn't cost that much.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Gee I see no one has posted an answer to your guestion... I don't own a jet table saw and really don't know what the fence looks like but if the fence is moving that much something has to be wrong... could you give us a few more details like when does it move? Does it stay parallel to the blade? Does it have a locking method.... well you get the idea the more information we have the better someone can provide some ideas as to what is wrong (model numbers etc also help).

Ed

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Me sears saw did the same thing a while back. What I did was, loosen the bolts that mount it to the locking handle. I readjusted the fence to where it was square with the blade of the saw. Retightened the bolts, it now locks an holds without movement.
Hope this helps.

Ken

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I found the problem with my fence slipping. The fence itself apparently, since others have had the same problem. I guess it is in the "nylon" inserts. There is an upgrade fence and of course all the really NICE fences on the market but sadly I lack the required pile of dollars. So now I am extra obersvant and I also CLAMP the back of the fence. Damn shame too...since when I first bought the saw I could simply slide it along to 31/2 inches, lock it and cut perfectly size pieces every time. I really LIKE the saw.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Birchwood, have you contacted Jet about this problem? Todays manufacturers are highly responsive. Give them a chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.