Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am investigating a decent miter saw guage for my JET table saw. I note there are very pretty ones by all the Big Boys, with pretty prices too. But do I need to pay so much? If I have to buy a $200 Incra I guess thats it...but maybe you guys know of another?
Thanks. :mad:

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I like the Osbourn E-3 I got.. Very easy to adjust from the 22.5 deg. angles I use from one side to the other.. It takes a bit of table space, but it's rock solid..
Still on sale for $109.. Shipping was super fast.. Page says it's out of stock till tomorrow, May 10.. Made in Canada.. High quality..

https://www.shop.osbornemfg.com/splashPage.hg

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi for my two cents worth, I have the Accu-Miter gauge. I dates back before the EB
type. It works real well and can extend out a couple of feet. If I remember rightly,
it goes from 18 to 24". Woodnut65

·
Registered
265 Posts
I recently got the incra 1000se. Got it for about $115 w/ shipping thru amazon. So far, I really like it. Have only used it a couple of times but it sure beats the factory Delta all to heck.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well gents, I ordered an Incra. Really liked the looks of the Osborne but read some things about it that made me nervous. To be fair, I also read some things about the Incra that made me nervous HA! but after several days of mental debate went for the Incra. I'll let you know how it goes. Its one of those things I won't need much-but when I need it my life will be easier for having it. Sorta like an olive with my Beefeaters!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Birch

I recommend the
Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Guide
http://www.routerforums.com/tools-w...iter-gauge.html
P.M. to Mike ▼
http://www.routerforums.com/private...wpm&userid=8126

You may want to drop Mike a note and ask him what he thinks about it, he just got one.
Ask him the pros. and the cons.
I know this is an older post - but I was trying to choose between the Incra and the
Osborne EB-3 miter, after looking at some reviews - I choose the Osborne EB 3 - so I hope your right Bj - I value your judgment. The Incra lost points with a lot of the folks saying it was not square from the factory, and I was not fond of the fact that it has the nylon insert for tightening the runner. Anyhow - I think it will be a good one, I know Wood magazine gave a good video and review of it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very glad that I took Bj's advise and purchased the Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Guide. Right out of the box I was able to cut perfect angles. I did not have to adjust anything on the miter. I tried a eight sided project and you could not see any of the cuts. Very nice tool for the shop and for me, in the right price range. My second choice would of been the INCRA 1000SE, but again because of the price, I am tickled to life with the Osborne EB unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.