Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Assuming that you are talking about a true Jet contractors saw and not the bench top POS on a folding cart, the better solution is to use 2 sections of angle steel (galvanized, shaped like a L, with lots of holes and slots - from Lowes) behind the front and rear fence rails. This forms a very strong brace to drop the router table in, while providing exceptional support for your work. I did this with one of my Jet contractor saws (circa 2009) and placed a mobile base (360 degrees on each wheel) under the 4 legs so any 1 of the spindly legs that they provide would not take the full strain and collapse. This is now my preferred saw over my Powermatic. The router has a Freud variable speed plunge on the underside, aluminum mounting plate and the drop-in table is made from 2 pieces of 3/4 MDF glued (after shellacking) and has easily held 100 lb. items to route. I built a separate removable router fence from 4" 1/4" aluminum channel that slides on 2 pieces of channel I got from Woodcraft. It is used at least 4 times a week since 4/2009. The unit has never failed, the Freud router is another story. The drop-in router takes the place of one of the stamped steel wing panels.

Hope this helps - Baker

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.