Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I'm researching plans for a router extension for my Jet contractor's saw and am not sure if I need to provide extra support, ie legs, to help bear the weight of a Makita 3612 in a 10" x 14" metal plate...heavy! My shop is small and my saw is on casters, so I'm not sure how I could make the legs "mobile" without building a base/cabinet for the whole thing. Any ideas??
Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a great idea, Earl! Simple, flexible and useful. Just what I was looking for! I'll keep an eye out for your pictures.
Hope the surgery goes well. Maybe you could convince your doctor that the four weeks of no driving should be four weeks of " therapy" in your shop...
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Richard and Michael for the additional ideas.
Richard, I was considering the angle iron support, but was not sure that there would still support the fence at the back of the saw. My Jet (it's not the bench-top) has the original fence that rides on a square steel bar at the back of the saw, and I thought that adding angle iron - between the table and each of the guides? - would mean the fence wouldn't ride on the guide. You don't mention support legs, so I assume you didn't find them necessary...? I'd also be interested in knowing if you bought or made your mobile base.
Thanks again, everyone.
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.