Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I need some ideas and help! I like most people have a hard time parting with money and do not want to spend a load of money on a new table saw. I have Ryobi 10" saw and it does what I need. I would like to put it on a new stand in order to have an out feed and an extension wing to allow for a great range of width that I could cut. Has anyone done this and if so do you have any pictures/plan that I can see. I can see it in my head but to visualize it and put a plan in action not so simple! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rich:help:

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Hello everyone,

I need some ideas and help! I like most people have a hard time parting with money and do not want to spend a load of money on a new table saw. I have Ryobi 10" saw and it does what I need. I would like to put it on a new stand in order to have an out feed and an extension wing to allow for a great range of width that I could cut. Has anyone done this and if so do you have any pictures/plan that I can see. I can see it in my head but to visualize it and put a plan in action not so simple! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rich:help:
Hi Rich. If you can see it in your head, scribble something down on paper. You never know what will develop.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Rich; you didn't mention where you have the saw set up. What kind of situation are you looking at re portability, working space, shared floor space etc?

·
Registered
Theo
7,160 Posts
I made a nifty stand for my HF bench saw. Then later, had to take six inches out of it. Didn't work from plans. I had an idea in my head, and started in. I have not a clue how I did it, but it sure works just fine. I did use a batch of scrap plywood, that much I know for sure. Just go for it, and if it doesn't work out, try again. That's partly what screp wood is for. I really should take a picture of that stand one of these days.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just finished one for my JET JTS10. It's actually a big mobile base though could be easily adapted for more usage: http://www.routerforums.com/tools-woodworking/38543-mobile-base-plans-cabinet.html

Since being finished, am very happy with what it does

I did a very rough sketch to try to use some left over cabinet grade plywood, a few 2x? and a couple of sets of used drawer slides and knobs so have no idea of the actual costs except for the 3" Harbor Freight casters ($4.99 on sale for $3.49 each) but probably in the $65-$75 range

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Sorry, I started a post and then got interrupted. Hope the incomplete one dissolved on the net. www.woodmagazine.com has a down loadable plan for a mobile sawing/routing center that looks good. The plans are spendy but the basic photo might be of assistance. I've seen similar,less sophisticated (fewer drawers etc) designs in other wood magazines as well. Enjoy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jon,

I looked at the mobile sawing/routing station on woodworkingmagazine.com and it is pretty nice, just a bit too big for my space, but yes it does give me some ideas. Thanks again!

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts