Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Roy,

Yes - I've had my DW746X for about 3 years and I really like it. I had a Craftsman table saw for about 30 years and the DeWalt replaced the Craftsman. If you decide on purchasing this saw make sure you get a mobile base for it. The saw is very heavy but is easily moved on the mobile base.

The saw was easy to assemble when I first got it and I periodically check everything for square and it has stayed true. The miter gauge that came with the saw is not that good. I use an Osborne EB-3 and I am really happy with it. I also replaced the blade insert with a zero clearance blade insert.

The dust collection shute has not clogged on me so that has worked well. I did wire in a dedicated 20 amp circuit for the saw because I had too many things running on a 15 amp circuit and I would trip a breaker when I ran the saw on the 15 amp circuit.

I like the saw a lot. It's very heavy and sturdy, even on a mobile base, and it has a very strong motor.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a reconditioned 746 from www.tylertool.com or www.toolking.com. Paid about half price with new tool warrenty. I have the moble base and 52" rails.

I am thinking of adding a new fence face like this one, http://www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm but I have not made sure it will replace my old one.

I had a spare table 10" extension for the left of the saw and added that. Now my table is about 82" wide with the 52" rail.

I use two folding banquet tables as out feed extensions. I inserted 5/8" tread couplings in the feet and use 5/8" bolts for adjusting the height. I can also fold them for storage when there not need for the saw or a work table.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.