Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built a workshop to make some furniture. My wife has give me a budget of $1,000.00 to buy a table saw. I need some advice on what is the best for the money. I will be making tables, pretty much. I am 53 and do not want to buy another one after this one.

I am not sure where to get the most value. I live in Denton, TX. It is close to Dallas and Fort Worth.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Well in the high end, General (cabnet saw) Delta (cabnet saw)Powermatic (cabnet saw, Higher yet).
But back down to the metioned price range there is the Jet (hybrid) and the one that i own and have not found any problems with is the DEWALT 746 (hybrid wiht cast iron wings).

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I don't know how the table saw budget is set up but make sure you have money for some good blades. I know we all have our idea of a good blade but keep in mind infinity/forrest/freud/???. Picture crosscut/rip/comb/dado set = $$ A saw in the $800 range could keep the needs to the $1000 mark.

Just a few random thoughts for your quest.....

Ed

·
Registered
367 Posts
Table saw budget

Don't know whether this issue has already been resolved, but
I did not see any mention of the JET series saws. I bought mine in FAR for right around $800, added a couple of good blades etc. and I have never had a probllem with the saw. The stock fence that came with it is pretty darned good-good enough for me anyway. And this is a SOLID belt driven saw that does not wiggle,wobble,shift,shimmy, shake or jig.

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,960 Posts
Have been very happy with the craftsman "cabinet" saw. Between sales and craftsman club discount, had it delivered to the house for $850. Good table size, great fence, in all a pleasure to work with.

Don't forget to budget in for a mobile base as well!

Congrats on getting that big of a budget from the Mrs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.