Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me apologize in advance as I am sure this has been covered elsewhere. You can probably tell I am a newbie to this forum. Years ago I built a router table and though it has served me well it is strictly utilitarian and a little clunky. So it is time for a new one. Has anyone had experience with the Rockler table top or with one of those horizontal tops? I will be getting a new router also and if you care to share any thoughts on that I sure will listen.

thanks in advance
joe

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello Joe! It sounds like You'll will fit in here. Make Yourself at home and wait for a few great ideas. There are several folks that have built the horizontals, BJ's one of them, I guess is He'll be here soon!

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Rockler router table and plate package is on sale for $160 bucks. It's a nice one, however, I would get the phenolic router table from Jessem for $130. The Jessem does not come with a plate but I would not get a router plate from Rockler or BenchDog that Rocker sale anyways. I have both and hated it when I need the change the ring insert. I would get the Jessem phenolic table and Incra router plate.
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good news

The Rockler router table and plate package is on sale for $160 bucks. It's a nice one, however, I would get the phenolic router table from Jessem for $130. The Jessem does not come with a plate but I would not get a router plate from Rockler or BenchDog that Rocker sale anyways. I have both and hated it when I need the change the ring insert. I would get the Jessem phenolic table and Incra router plate.
Mike
Thanks Mike for your quick reply. I will certainly look into both of those options. I am a little long in the tooth to get carried away too far but when it comes to tools I have always tried to get the best I could afford.
joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts