Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build or buy a table saw sled for my Ryobi BT 3000 but dont know if one can be attached to it as it does not have the 2 -3/" grooves in the table saw platform-I am wondering if anyone out there has a solution for me?

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,945 Posts
The saw has a sliding table.........

Set the miter fence up so it just clears the blade by about 3/4 inch, add a long MDF sacrificial fence taller than the stock you're cutting so that you have support behind your piece and you should be good to go.

If you really have to use a sled, you can make one that stradles the center table of the saw.

The guys at BT3central have tips for making miter guage slots and other jigs.

http://www.bt3central.com/index.php?page=articles#Traditional Table Saw Jigs - BT3 Style

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello Arnie! I hope you don't mind me asking about the sliding miter table? It is a great unite. If you don't have one, check on BT3000, and you will find help on there. My own BT3000 has a sliding miter, and it is as accurate as it can be. It is a good idea to have a home built sliding unite to cut plywood that is longer than the smt can handle.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I want to build or buy a table saw sled for my Ryobi BT 3000 but dont know if one can be attached to it as it does not have the 2 -3/" grooves in the table saw platform-I am wondering if anyone out there has a solution for me?

Post a picture of your Table saw from a few different angles and let see what we can do to help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts