Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Here are a couple of IPAD, Tablet, or clipboard holders made from walnut and spaulted Alder. Spray shellac finish.

They are a little large, some smaller ones are coming.

A thanks to @MT Stringer ,Mike for the idea.
Herb

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
nice Herb...
what'ja got for a keyboard...

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
You can spalt your own wood Don. I found out by accident. I covered some fairly fresh cut birch in the attic of the shop on the place I had just moved to at the time. I used the planer shavings from the same boards to cover it thinking that might help it cure more evenly. I didn't know at the time that I had a leak in the roof above the pile and the shavings got wet. About 2 months later when I went to check the pile the birch boards were now spalted. You could probably do the same thing by spraying the boards with water and them covering them in Saran Wrap or plastic sheet to hold the water in. Spalting is the early stages of decay so you don't want it to go too long, just enough to get the effect. The fungus that is causing it dies once the board dries back out.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good job, Herb! Are those for you or others?

David
Thanks ,David, I don't have a tablet, I will have to find someone that does and see if they work. My main goal was to find out what the wood looked like when made into something.
I have a couple of smaller ones in process, these looked kind of large after I made them, they are 9X12, the smaller ones are around 8X10.
I can use one for a clip board holder on my desk maybe.
Herb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.