Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
A truely beautiful piece of music.

What a pity so many people don't know how to correctly hold their cell phones to capture a video :(

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you see the follow on videos, also very good.

·
Retired Moderator
16,386 Posts
Ravel commented to Arthur Honegger, one of Les Six, "I've written only one masterpiece – Boléro. Unfortunately there's no music in it."

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
One of the nice things about classical music is, there are no words to listen to, you just sort of let the music soak in. And Bolero is a favorite. been a fan of classical music for about 64 years now. That and classic rock and roll.

·
Registered
18,989 Posts
... Bolero is a favorite. been a fan of classical music for about 64 years now. That and classic rock and roll.
I recall that not long after The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper, Leonard Bernstein, conductor of the NY Phil., did a great program on how it followed the classical symphony form. Then he demonstrated how various segments were in fact classical music. So a lot of Classic Rock was influenced by that album and some even followed that form, even the Beach Boys and Rolling Stones followed. I guess musicians and composers are drawn to the long forms vs the 2-3 minute tunes that preceeded them.

When I was a kid, we listened every week to a broadcast called the Firestone Hour, which featured classical music from NYC. The teacher's name was Mr. Plato (no kidding), who insisted that we close our eyes and imagine along with the music. BTW, Mr. Plato was a dead shot with small pieces of chalk if you weren't paying attention. He was a GREAT teacher. The first to let my imagination roam and study what interested me, not just the curriculum. From then on, I became an happy autodidact. :smile:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Thanks, Harry. I really enjoyed that.

·
Official Greeter
8,151 Posts
Thanks Harry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts