Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a Benchdog router fence and was wondering if anybody has any tips for attaching a tall fence for upright work? The MDF sub-fence on the benchdog is vey low and sticks out past the aluminium frame so a tall fence would tend to tilt and would be very unstable, clamps would tend to get in the way and could only be fitted at the very end which would leave the centre and top half unsupported.

With thanks in advance.
Andy :help:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a benchdog fence but have never had a need for a tall fence. I would think you could make fillers (where the normal wood fences are) to clear the T slot and then attach your fence to that. Then attach your tall fence to the T slots and the normal screw holes below.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Benchdog sells a fence riser kit, model # 40-013. I don't have enough posts to allow me to post URL's but Amazon sells it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, Greg, I have found the riser kit and have made enquiries to the Router Table Depot (cheapest) to see if they will send a pack 'opened' ie labelled as a 'gift'. import duties makes it prohibitive.
Tempest, I really need it for doing lock mtre and drawer lock joints when one board is cut upright, the small amount of support given by the sub-fence is not enough for me.
Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts