1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Its a great way to GET a kid into the shop I've found. My grandson really enjoys making all sorts of puzzles. Alot of skills can be learned and developed making them. Kinda like cutting boards, do a couple and you're hooked.

·
Premium Member
19,009 Posts
Tangrams are used is vision therapy by pediatric optometrists. Many of them would love to have a set this nice. They are very effective in developing visualization skills, for example. They're also used to teach kids how to translate written or spoken instructions into ation, a skill you don't learn by fiddling with a spart phone or video game.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tangrams are used is vision therapy by pediatric optometrists. Many of them would love to have a set this nice. They are very effective in developing visualization skills, for example. They're also used to teach kids how to translate written or spoken instructions into ation, a skill you don't learn by fiddling with a spart phone or video game.
Huh, never heard of that before. Makes me glad I posted it. Dunno, but it looks like it would be possible to shape long pieces of lumber, then just slice off parts. May just try it that way. If I did, what would the best way to track down pediatric optometrists (didn't even know there was such an animal - learn something new all the time)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts