Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To combat tear out at the end of a piece, I often feed left to right and climb cut just a bit of the material. I then feed it right to left to route the rest of the material. It seems to work well for me

Is this a bad tecnique for any reason?

Thanks
Virg.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
To combat tear out at the end of a piece, I often feed left to right and climb cut just a bit of the material. I then feed it right to left to route the rest of the material. It seems to work well for me

Is this a bad tecnique for any reason?

Thanks
Virg.
Hi Virg - Not a method I would recommend right off the bat. If you do want to do it that way, I would recommend you do the climb cut LAST. ie. run your profile up to within, say, half an inch from the end and then feed that last half inch in backwards. Theory here is that if the bit does grab it, it will run out of material quickly. Doing the climb cut first gives the bit the whole stick to work with.:'(

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

DANGER, DANGER Will Robinson,, using a push block to support the wood and at the end of the pass works well for most, if you have stock with knots in it you can use the pocket way, that's to say side the bit into the edge of the stock and put in pockets so to speak, this will beak up the grain of the stock and stop the rip out..using the climb cut can be very tricky :( if you feel like you want to use it ,never cut deeper than a 1/8" deep cuts.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...=PjiXTcniDqG40QH4urz2Cw&sqi=2&ved=0CC8Q9QEwBg

=======

·
Official Greeter
18,736 Posts
"upgrade windows 95".......LOL

Where did you find that site, BJ

To combat tear out at the end of a piece, I would use a backer board.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have seen some Bank ATM's reboot to the Windows 95 screen. To bad they didn't have a keboard and mouse I could have used to get a little extra cash.

·
Registered
337 Posts
If it aint broke....

Our work network has dos, win95, win98, win2k and xp workstations.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts