Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest box.

made with a wonderful piece of heat treated rippled sycamore at front and back, with beech and ply in between.The pics dont do justice to the sycamore, its the most impressive wood I have seen. I was given an offcut of it from a custom furniture maker.

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Now that is nice. And I am sure the pictures don't do it justice, should look even better in person. If I were you I'd make friends with that guy.

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Regardless, stay on his good side. Me, I'd be happy to pay postage, if I was getting stuff that looks that good.

Oh the pictures are fine. I just don't think you're going to get the full look in a picture, it's one of those things you've got to see in person. I'm really going to have to try something like that for one or two of my projects.

Reactions: Roy Drake

·
Registered
901 Posts
Your work has an artistry and creativity that I envy. I tend to think in straight lines . . . . The execution is superb too!

·
Registered
21,682 Posts
A little money maker?

I'd love to have something like that to hold my hearing aids overnight.
:sold: Hey! there's a little, local marketing idea--hearing aid centers. Put a soft liner inside. Small square or round boxes, band saw boxes. Keeps your dog from eating your hearing aids, keeps them safe from harm. Won't make you rich, but you're using mostly cutoffs and glue-ups of scraps and it would keep a woodworker off the streets, running with gangs and such. :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.