Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes - means a lot to me. And to all those whose birthdays I've missed - happy birthday and I hope you had a special day.

I'd like to say that I've been absent because of golf but that's not the case. In fact, I haven't golfed in the last two months and the last two times out, I had to leave the course mid-round, and I haven't been in a shop in a few months.

I've been suffering with a severe pinched sciatic nerve for over two months. I've had sciatic pain before but never anything like this.

I've had acupuncture and chiropractic treatments (one of my daughters is a chiropractor), massage therapy, physio therapy and muscle relaxants all in an effort to relieve the pain, a numbness in my right leg from my hip to my ankle. The only comfortable position is laying prone, which has made computer activity difficult to say the least. The last time I spent an hour in the car I almost needed a block and tackle to lift me out as my leg was completely locked up That was seven weeks ago, so my drives have been limited to my treatment appointments. But on the upside, I've been able to read a few books that were collecting dust - Don Winslow. If you're interested in reading (fiction) about the Cartels in Mexico, or the corruption in the NYPD, the books are pretty good.

Anyway, although it's not totally healed I'm happy to say it's getting better - hoping it is totally healed before we drive to Florida in mid-January.

So, I'm back and will attempt to read as many posts as possible and take part in the discussions.
I've missed you folks.

Vince

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
dam dude...
here's pulling for ya...

·
Registered
17,393 Posts
Vince I’m very sorry to hear this . I assumed you were ignoring us due to golf , my bad .
Here’s hoping this gets better quickly. Keep us updated

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I hope it gets much better or the drive to Florida will seem more like a trip to hell. I've been in your situation myself but only for about a week or so the worst time. I couldn't stand the 50 minute trip to town.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,167 Posts
I hope you come good pretty soon Vince.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Good luck Vince. There are some cures as you're finding out. A good doctor friend had it bad and ended up having surgery to finally get rid of it totally. A few weeks of not so good discomfort and then a few months to fully recover. It's a bear this getting old thing.

·
Registered
Paul
1,835 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Vince. I hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Get well soon Vince,

I will be undergoing a Bariatric Bypass surgery on December 14th and I'm hoping that losing 100 lbs or more will relieve my sciatic nerve. I've been taking Robaxacet with Codeine to help in the meantime. My wife has had 2 failed back surgeries and is in constant pain. Her sciatic nerves are pinched more often than not. I can relate to the pain level.:(

Dan

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know how debilitating sciatic nerve pain is. Mine was pinched between two blown discs. Understandably, the Drs wanted to exhaust all treatment options before going with surgery. I guess surgery was my last resort due to the cost and risk involved with it. After about 3 months of suffering (and taking loads of oxycodone) I demanded surgery. In my case it was immediately effective. You hear a lot of horror stories about failed back surgeries so I just wanted to share my success story. Best of luck.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
I wish you the best, Vince, sorry to hear about that. I had it in 1974 and an Osteopathic Sturgeon put me in traction for 10 days straight with weights hanging off my feet, and flat on my back. Then sent me home with a back brace for 6 months, and it did the job for years. Every once in awhile I have a mild attack, but haven't been laid up since. That was the most painful thing I ever had.

Get well soon..Hear?

Herb

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Hi Vince,sorry to hear of your problem but hoping you get well without having to undergo any surgical procedures.I can also relate to previous replies & have experienced 4 failed spinal operations & now arthritis is complicating my life. So next month I am having the nerves cut (or burned)to stop the pain in my back & my legs.This may sound quite reckless but it is the only alternative left for me.I will let you & our other interested members know the results next month. All the best, James jj777746

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Vince, I’m really sorry to hear of your pain. Back and leg pains are hell on earth. I gave up and had surgery about 25 years ago. Immediate relief and no reoccurrence since then. Good luck, my friend, I’ll be thinking of you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts